Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Window Shopping Bliss

Years ago, a window display meant something.  Stores would spend ages developing beautiful displays to attract bustling shoppers.  This still occurs in major fashion hotspots, such as NYC, and in the classic stores such as The Bay, however many have begun to slack when it comes to the window department.  Too often I pass lame mannequins, oversized advertisements and blank walls.
Because of this, I felt it was necessary to credit some of the stores that go a little above-and-beyond than the others.

 Mendocino, with its quirky flamingos and swim-caps, caught my eye first. I love the colours, it's bright, fun feel and the props they chose.



Next came Wilfred.  Though they had two window displays that I loved, I could only feature one.  I love the use of antiques and rope in this display!



Finally, Jack Jones.  I loved this unconventional display, and how they featured recommended accessories on the desk beside the mannequin, as well as a description of the brand in an old-styled book.
All three of these stores deserve a big thumbs up for their effort!

All Photos:
ISO: 500
Shutter: 1/20
Aperture: F 8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment