Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sensational Gel Nails


I’ve been eyeing on the Sensational Gel Nails since they have been released. I didn’t purchase them at first because they were too expensive for me. Last weekend, I stopped by Shoppers at Bolton and I saw that the Sensational Gel Nails were on the sales rack for 50% off. I instantly bought them and tried it when I got home. I’ve decided to give a quick tutorial on how I apply the Sensational Gel Nails.

The kit came with all these supplies: 
Nail File (and Buffer at the back)
Two Lint Free Cotton Pads 
Pro 3060 LED Lamp 
Gel Primer
Gel Base & Top Coat
Colour Gel Polish in "Scarlet Red Rouge Ecarlate" 
Gel Cleanser 
ISO 200, F 1/8, 1/40

STEP 1: Make sure your nails are clean, remove any residue or dirt with Nail Polish remover
STEP 2: File your nails to the shape you desire, and the turn the file over and buff your nails
STEP 3: Apply the “Gel Primer” from the kit
STEP 4: Apply the “Gel Base & Top Coat” from the kit
STEP 5: Put your hand in the LED Machine for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, the base coat should harden (when the base coat is applied your nails should glow under the LED light). 
ISO: 200, F 3.5, 1/60
STEP 6: Apply the first layer of colour onto your nails
STEP 7: Put your hand in the LED Machine for 60 seconds
ISO 200, F 1/8, 1/40
STEP 8: Apply the second coat of colour onto your nails
STEP 9: Put your hand back into the LED machine for 30 seconds
STEP 10: Apply the “Gel Base & Top Coat” onto your nails at least twice
ISO 200, F 6.3, 1/40

STEP 11: Finally, cleanse your nails with the “Gel Cleanser” and you are good to go! 
ISO 200, F 6.3, 1/40

I find having Gel Nails better than regular nail polish because it lasts longer and after Step 11 I can continue whatever I’m doing without having to wait for dry time! Plus I don't have to go to the Salon anymore to get a gel manicure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment