Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Statement Jewelry

 I have a complete obsession with jewelry and although I do love smaller, more dainty pieces, I love the idea of wearing large statement pieces. I call it "jewelry with a purpose". Here are some of my favourite statement pieces.

This ring is by Ippolita and has a turquoise stone that is covered with oval cut clear quartz which almost makes the turquoise look like it's underwater. 
  ISO 500 f/3.2 1/25

This ring, by Yves Saint Laurent, definitely makes a statement. The Arty ring is gold plated with a blue glass stone. (It's large and in charge)
       
ISO 1600 f/2.8 1/50

This bracelet is one of my favourites and actually the least expensive piece I think I have ever bought. It was about $5.00 from a vendor at a beach in Vancouver. I don't think you can make more of a statement than wearing a giant elephant head on your wrist.
ISO 2000, f/2.8 1/100






No comments:

Post a Comment