Friday, February 8, 2013

60's Buoy

When it comes to planning one of my photoshoots, I always put a lot of thought into it. I like to think about what everything in the photo means to the final image, how the composition lends itself to the subject, and all those other fancy-schmancy things, etc... So when my friend and model, Maxwell, called me up and asked me to do a photoshoot the very next day because, "He was completely dying to do one," I knew I'd have to come up with something fast... obviously. What was decided on was a modern take on a 60s-inspired gritty poolside, with Maxwell lounging in various flashy bathing suits. No sailor hat included.
I ended up taking over 400 photos in 40 minutes, so it took me a while to even whittle it down to these five. In every case I had my flash mounted on my camera and had fun bouncing it off the wall, ceiling, and water.

 ISO 100, f/3.5, 1/20
 ISO 400, f/4, 1/80
 ISO 400, f/4, 1/60
 ISO 200, f/3.5, 1/20
ISO 400, f/4, 1/40



1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you again Maxwell. ;) This appears to be a good partnership for the two of you. I might start bribing Maxwell to work on your final projects now if I were you Hayley. ;)

    ReplyDelete